The Travel and Words Conference provides plenty of opportunities for professional development and networking, so attendees can make valuable new contacts, rekindle old connections, gain fresh insights about the travel media industry and come away inspired to tell new stories. Planning for the 2019 conference is underway. Please check back over the coming weeks for more details.
- Editors Panel: Get the inside scoop on the travel media industry from the perspectives of four professional travel editors.
- Destination Marketing Panel: Destination marketers are a crucial resource for travel writers, bloggers and influencers. Learn about this important segment of the tourism industry and how to build productive relationships with them.
Experienced Track Workshops: Experienced writers will select two workshops at the conference and may opt to attend Beginning Track workshops instead.
Beginning Track Workshops: Beginning writers will attend all five Beginning Track workshops.
- Welcome Reception: An informal ice-breaker evening with food and wine.
- Networking Mixer: A dazzling evening at a local event venue where conference attendees can mix and mingle over food, wine and entertainment.
- Destination Marketer-Writer Matchmaking: Writers attending Travel & Words are looking for story ideas and possibly press trips. These “speed dating” sessions connect destination marketers with freelance writers and bloggers on the “Experienced” track.
- Visit Destination Marketer and Corporate Exhibitor Booths: Meet the exhibitors who are your story sources and learn about their destinations (for both Beginning and Experienced Tracks).
- Writer-Editor Q&A Session (for “Beginning writer track”): Your chance to ask editors anything about travel writing and getting published.