Welcome to Travel & Words, the premier conference connecting travel writers and bloggers with many of the Northwest’s key destination marketers. Travel & Words 2017 will take place in Oregon’s capital, Salem, in the heart of the beautiful mid-Willamette Valley. The event will be held at the Salem Convention Center with adjacent lodging and nearby dining and attractions.
Sunday, 6 p.m.-9 p.m. Welcome reception with refreshments, when you arrive.
Monday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Conference session; 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Networking Mixer.
Tuesday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Conference Session.
There are many great reasons for experienced and beginning travel writers, bloggers and photographers to attend the conference. Our top ten are:
- Learn how to successfully sell your work in print and online in a continuously evolving marketplace.
- Learn how to broaden your circle of publishing outlets.
- Discover the hottest travel & lifestyle trends that editors are buying.
- Learn strategies for integrating social media into your toolkit to enhance your brand.
- Learn about Northwest destinations for specific story ideas.
- Build beneficial relationships and expand your network of fellow travel writers and bloggers.
- Gain insights into the 2017 publishing scene from travel publication editors.
- Learn new skills on the craft of travel writing, or simply brush up.
- Learn how to plan your own research trips and how you can qualify for hosted media trips.
- Network with destination marketers, editors and fellow travel writers and bloggers.
Check back regularly for the latest information on registration, speakers, workshops, networking events and more. To register, click here.