Travel & Words offers two conference tracks―Beginning and Experienced―to meet the specific learning needs of attendees. Both tracks will attend the general session, panel discussions, speaker presentations, group meals and networking events.
Beginning Track: Beginning writers and bloggers will attend the Beginning Track, with five workshops focused on the basics of launching a successful travel writing career. Think of it as Travel Writing 101. They will also attend a Q&A session with magazine editors.
- Travel Writing Basics
- Magazine Pitching 101
- Everything You Need to Know About FAM Trips
- Social Media On the Go
- Interviewing, Note Taking and Other Travel Writing Phobias
- Ask an Editor
Experienced Track: Experienced writers and bloggers will attend the Experienced Track, with two advanced workshops and meetings with destination marketers. (Experienced writers may elect to take Beginning Track workshops instead of Experienced Track workshops.) Experienced Track attendees will sign up for two preferred workshops at the conference registration desk.
- Advanced Social Media for Travel Writers and Bloggers
- The Ingredients of Culinary Writing
- Grow Your Visibility with Memberships, Appearances and Awards
- Borrowing Tenets of Fiction for Stronger Nonfiction Writing